Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Two humorous "Poems By Tom"

Here are a couple of humorous poems, I wrote on the spur of the moment when responding to some commentary on my poem " Wedding Day", I'm posting it here because we thought the other Jammers might enjoy it.( if they ever look here, =\ )

The First one is a "sequel" to the poem afore mentioned. Here it is I hope y'all like it! ( I suggest reading Wedding Day before you read this you would more see the humor in it.) ( be merciful I only spent 2 minutes to write it =P . )

( yet to be titled)
By
Tom

OH how happy I used to be like a Bird upon the wind;
but now my will, to this Tyrant-witch, I bend.

OH how wretched am I; I serve her night, and day,
and my only reward for this, is a passing glances this way.

And every time she looks at me it sends a shiver down my spine;
OH God this must be a punishment for all my wretched crimes

I serve her night, and day with my soul, and will to hers bent;
Oh how hard it is to bear such a wretched punishment.

OH why was I, to her bound for all eternity?!
I miss my freedom of bachelorhood, and its sweet serenity!


and here is a poem I wrote to honor the Angelic beauty of our friend, Rocio. ( I am only kidding, I don't really think this about Rocio) ( she is very pretty =) ( The only reason I wrote this about Rocio, was in respones to here comment on, wedding Day )

Ode To Rocio
By
Tom

OH Rocio, oh Rocio
Your dark, and deep eyes are like
The large and endless Sea-o
Your hair is like the mulch which people pay so much to buy;
And, oft I wish I could have some!! to replenish my garden's supply.

And I so miss your voice which I have little heard;
but I do remember it sounded like an aged and old buzzard.

Ohhh and your gracefulness, it was like that of pink elephants on parade;
but no, perhaps it was closer to hippos, doing ballet!!

And your teeth were white like granny's, which she did soak almost every night;
so that every time I saw you, I was blinded by those pearls of yellow-white!



I am only kidding, I love you, Ro =P

5 comments:

Agnes Regina said...

ROFL.... Tom, can I show Father Soos the "wedding" one? He would die laughing. (He is, of course, the one that talks about 'committing matrimony', so you can see how he would laugh and quote this to prove his point! lol)

The Dragon Lady said...

Both of them are awesome!

Thom said...

Of course I am fine with you showing it to him! you can show any of my work, to any one you would like!!

Thanks Ro, I have another one I think yall would like, I'll post, if I can find it 0.o

The Dragon Lady said...

Go ahead and post it!

Agnes Regina said...

By the way, Tom, I suggest for the title of the second one (by way of bitter irony, haha,) "Wedded Bliss."