Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Poem by Tom.

Here's a poem I thought I'd post tell me what y'all think.




He pretended to be a poet true,
and write for the love of Mary Lou.
He said when he gazed into her eyes,
he saw the sun in summer, rise.
But really, he saw his own reflection
of his inner "self perfection"

He wrote poems saying she was humble, and meek;
that she had a voice like angels sweet
But he meant that he was sweet, and kind,
and had an amazing, brilliant mind.
He boasted that he loved her true,
and " Hopelessly, hoped she loved him too"

He wrote things he did deem were sweet,
but they had a stink like rotten meat;
they stunk with the smell of haughty, pride
And were only covered, with a patterned hide.
He said he loved sweet Mary Lou,
he said he loved her through, and through;
but really what he meant to say
is "I love my self in every way."

-Tom

5 comments:

Agnes Regina said...

I love it, Tom! It's not quite your typical romance poem, is it.

The title could be "Hypocrisy."

Thom said...

lol, I like that title, I hadn't thought of that.

Thom said...

Hey this dosen't have to do with my poem but, tonight's is the first Choir practice I'll be going to. so pray that I don't kill anybody with my bad singing ;).

Agnes Regina said...

Tom -- good for you! I will pray you sing well, and remember the wisdom of these two great men:

To sing is to pray twice (St. Augustine)

Anything worth doing is worth doing badly (G.K.Chesterton)

The Dragon Lady said...

true dat, Ines!

Tom, it's great! A wonderful take on hypocrisy!